Tuesday, October 28, 2014

what it means being american

                   
  
                              I think being American is not a good but also not a bad thing because you get many benefits and more opportunities. Another advantage of being American is you get proper documents. Now all of this you can get if you believe that being American means you are us citizen. Being an us citizen is very good!! Many people wish to be us citizens to give their children a better life.


                         


                           I do believe that being American means you are born in United States. But personally I am not a big fan of being American. Most people think that being American is a good thing because it means you will be rich. If you are American it doesn't mean you are rich as most people think. When you go to Central America you can’t say you’re American or else they will kidnap you for money.


                   


                           I am American but I don't feel it. I feel more like I am from Central America. The people I am surrounded by people who are from Central America. My family is mostly from sand I love the culture. My family is very religious they like to keep things traditionally. I love the American traditions because part of living in America means to celebrate liberty and freedom of many things. I like to celebrate Central American traditions too even though I don't live there. I celebrate New Year’s like everyone else.


                   


                          Another bad thing about being American is thinking you own the land. Americans think they own the land because they helped built it but this land is Native American territory. Many land that Americans claim used to be part of Mexico and now they call us immigrants on what was our land to begin with. I believe everyone has the same rights to be in the country. Immigrants built this country. 


 


                                  I like some American tradition as of sports like bull riding. American's have one of the biggest competitions of bull riding in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bull riding is very violent and you can die while ridding the bull. Bull riding is a violent sport that only country men practice because of the space. American's also have full breed bulls and full breed horses used for calf riding.


                        
                                 There are also some things that I don't like that happen only in America frequently. America is known for freedom but not everyone has it in this country. Immigrants are having trouble with earning their freedom. Kids and adults have entered this country with dreams of being able to live peacefully. These dreams are crushed when Americans treat them like trash. Many people like us citizens are called names.


                         Another thing that's good about being American is education. Everyone gets the equal opportunity to study no matter your resources you have. I want to study mechanical engineering and being American gives me that chance. I have finished elementary and middle school. I want to finish high school with the highest grades possible to facilitate the entry into college.


                      


 

No comments:

Post a Comment